6 Affordable Steps for Small Businesses to Get Big Jobs
If you’re like most small businesses, competing for business against big companies with fat marketing budgets can be frustrating or intimidating. In many small companies it can be difficult to know exactly what to do in order to gain more and bigger jobs. Fortunately, with a little focus on these 6 easy and affordable marketing steps, you can showcase your company in a way that will rival your biggest competition.
- Decide who needs to know you’re in business. Sounds simple, but some small companies get stuck in a rut with the same types of clients. Sit down with your team and really think about who can benefit from your product or services.
- Determine how to approach your target market. Networking meetings and business expos are great places for business to business marketing and in business to consumer marketing, customer surveys help determine consumer needs and offer a way to communicate and build personal relationships with your customers.
- Be sure your branding, website, brochures and handouts all have the same look and feel, and that everything is up to date.
- Get written or video testimonials from other happy customers. Testimonials and work of mouth are behind 20%-50% of all purchasing decisions. If you’re making the time to show buyers why you’re a rock star, you’re not wasting that time.
- Ask for referrals and recommendations and then remember to show your appreciation. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools available.
- Do what you say you’re going to do and don’t promise more than you can deliver. If you’re the new kid on the block, being reliable and dependable might be the very thing that sets you apart from everyone else. Especially those fancy companies with fat budgets.